Saturday, July 12, 2014

Even As We Wait

I (Alex) began this post intending to write about “the process,” i.e. the journey that God takes us through to get from some ‘point A’ to a ‘point B’ down the road. I confidently typed up two sentences, intending to impart to you the wisdom I have recently acquired via four or five pithy bullet points, but then the rest of the page confronted me. I had no idea what I actually wanted to say, though I knew that I had something to say. The thing is, life, at least my life, is not best represented in four or five pithy bullet points. Staring at the blank page, I was actually staring at my life––a blank page on which God is writing a novel or poem.

So what now? We wait.


     Our soul waits for the Lord; He is our help and our shield. 

     For our heart shall rejoice in Him, Because we have trusted in His holy name.
     Let Your mercy, O Lord, be upon us, Just as we hope in [wait on] You.

     Psalm 33.20-22 (NKJV)


Earlier verses in Psalm 33 talk about how the Lord looks on those who look to Him for protection and provision. While my ideal looks like security and comfort however they will come, I think His ideal for me looks like humility through dependence on Him.


Give us this day our daily bread. 


...casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. 


Whatever this new chapter of my life is called, I know that it will be good. I know that it will be beautiful. He has made everything beautiful in its time. (Ecclesiastes 3.11a)

No comments:

Post a Comment