Friday, January 30, 2015

Mystery of Mysteries

I have a question for all my fellow women: Why does being small automatically make something adorable? A woman just brought the tiniest puppy into my store and every female I work with almost literally died for sheer, squealing joy. I think the only thing that saved the puppies owner from being incredibly freaked out was that she, too, was female and had just purchased the puppy. Her joy was on par with ours.
And puppies aren't the only thing that are adorable. Obviously, there's babies, kittens, and other baby animals. But what about dollhouse furniture? There is nothing so cute as a tiny sofa with an minuscule end table and lamp smaller than my pinky finger. Or how about when you open a Barbie fridge and see all the tiny food? The other day I was shopping with a friend and we were both surprised to discover that even mini bagels are adorable.
Personally, I think it feeds the maternal side of every woman. We see small things and they are automatically connected to babies or small children. Our internal clocks tick faster and we melt into girlish joy. Because, let's be real, this is a female thing. I've seen a guy be fascinated by the handiwork that went into a tiny piano that actually works, but I've never seen him squeal about it being cute.

1 comment:

  1. True! I love itty bitty teeny weeny anything...well, almost anything. Germs are itty nitty.

    ReplyDelete