Monday, February 2, 2015

Find Your Niche

I would like to take a minute and highly encourage you to stop what you're doing and create something. I don't care what you make, it could be a doodle, a poem, an awesome sandwich, a cup of coffee, or even just braiding your hair. Okay, stop reading, and do it right now. Ready? Go.
Did you do it? How do you feel? Like a little of your stress left through your fingertips? Like you did something worthwhile, even though it did nothing to progress your day? Like this really is the best sandwich you've ever eaten? Good. Now do it every day. Start with something small, find your niche and keep going. I promise it won't slow you down and make you miss an important meeting or keep you from that sink full of dishes. It'll just make you a lot happier while you fulfill those obligations. It'll let your mind breathe. We were made in the image of the One who created everything, so of course we have the drive to create something.
I forgot this for a long time. It wasn't letting my soul out to breathe. That's what writing is for me and I am so glad that I found my voice again. This last week has been amazing and I am so excited to keep pressing forward in this. The world looks a lot more inviting now that I'm brushing out the cobwebs in my head. I highly recommend finding your outlet. I promise you won't regret it.

1 comment: