Thursday, February 19, 2015

Little Joys

Life can be crazy. It can be draining, depressing, frustrating, and all around make you want to go back to bed and pretend you have no responsibilities. It's so easy to get caught up in the negative things and forget about how wonderful life really is. So, I'm going to take a moment to share about the small joys in my life that really should outshine getting caught in traffic or dealing with rude customers:
  • Hearing a friend laugh: I know it's cheesy, but it's true. I had two girlfriends over last night for dinner and a movie and laughing together with them was probably the best way I've spent my time recently.
  • Hearing a baby laugh: Along the same lines as the one above it. We all need to be real for a minute, listening to babies laugh is intoxicatingly joyful.
  • The sun peeking through the trees: To the Midwest, I apologize. Just remember, this time is coming for you, too! But, honestly, there is almost nothing as peaceful as sun dappled tree leaves.
  • Almond milk in coffee: While I don't really like to just drink almond milk, put it in coffee and it's a rather magical experience.
  • Coloring books: Oh, stop being such an adult. You know you love a good coloring book. It relaxes your brain and brings out your inner child. Who cares about the office when there are puppies and kittens to color in! And don't stress about staying in the lines, abstract is good, too. Just ask Picasso
  • Hummingbirds: But, really. How can we be upset about anything where there is something as magical (and adorable) as hummingbirds in the world?
  • Flowers: I feel like I don't even need to explain this one, but I will. Flowers are so delicate, simple yet intricate, add color to even the most drab scenery, and can bespeak hope in the midst of incredible sorrow. Flowers are new life in the midst of our cement jungles. Flowers are amazing.
The more I added to this list the more I wanted to keep going...but then this post would be really long and I'd lost your attention! So, I may revisit this. But, it does make me wonder: these are some of the joys I've found. What are your joys?

No comments:

Post a Comment