Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Furry Friends

Every so often it occurs to me that there is a little animal that lives in my house. He has free reign to go anywhere and do almost anything. (Except sleep on the table...in theory) And that's kind of weird. I mean, have you ever really thought about it? There's this sentient little creature prowling around my apartment looking adorable and adding nothing to my life except fur everywhere and the occasional cuddle. He doesn't hunt for me, he's not for protection, he definitely doesn't do the dishes, and he's really bad at conversation. But I wouldn't get rid of him for anything in the world because, somehow, he makes me feel like I have purpose. Like I'm important. Sure, he's a cat, and sometimes he acts a little snobbishly cat-like, but then he comes up on the bed and cuddles with me. Or he cries if I don't pick him up right away when I get home and it makes my heart happy. I'm not sure why, he's never told me he loves me (and I'd be terrified if words came out of his mouth. And famous, I'd be famous with a talking cat.), but he fills a little space in my heart.
So, really...pets are kind of a weird thing. But, seriously, look at that face? How can we not keep them around?

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you have a purpose. You have to feed the cat and change his litter. It doesn't fast any better than that =]

    ReplyDelete