Monday, February 9, 2015

Flipping Channels

Have you ever had so much going on in your head that you can't organize it enough to articulate what you are thinking? Like flipping channels so fast on the TV that you don't actually see anything but you take in a little of everything? That's the problem I'm having lately and why I didn't post the last three days. There's so much I'm thinking about that I couldn't find what I wanted to say. So, here's a bullet point list of what I'm thinking about and hopefully I'll be able to expand on the list later:

  • Why is Fifty Shades of Grey such a worldwide phenomena when, first of all, it is terribly written and, secondly and more importantly, not romantic at all but a glorification of domestic violence? Why is Anastasia supposedly seen as an empowered woman when really she is a victim and a doormat?
  • Why do we as consumers hold so little value for the people who create what we consume? I'm sure you've noticed that most people in retail and food service seem like they hate their lives. The reason for that is that they've totally lost faith in humanity.
  • Why do so many people drive like they own the road and cause risk to my life and sanity?
  • I honestly believe Batman could take Superman (and really any of the other heroes) in a fight and barely break a sweat.
  • And why is it that, as a child, I fought bedtime so hard. What was my deal? Bedtime is the unsung hero of my life.
So, there are a few little snippets from my brain. I'll be back tomorrow with more cohesive thoughts. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh yeah. Because Superman is like a 4x4 when the snow starts. They plow through thinking their invulnerable and then end up in a ditch. Batman is the economy car who knows he could die at any second so his brain is in high gear and he's methodical and purposeful in everything he does and makes it through the winter unscathed. Batman would win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe he'll carry Superman repellant bat-spray in his utility belt. Maybe a kryptonite spray mist.

    ReplyDelete